In early 2001, Fera SRL was founded with a vision to ‘generate change’ through building renewable energy sources to replace coal and gas. The company developes 100% renewable energy. Having created a strong base in Italy, the company's president, Cesare Fera, moved to Australia with a commitment to deliver significant projects that will make a meaningful contribution to a sustainable future.
Fera SRL has consistently identified the best sites for wind farm projects and has established itself as a leader in Northern Italy, having developed and currently operating more than 36% of the installed capacity.
In Italy, the company has developed 20 renewable energy projects:
• 16 Projects: owned and operated
• 2 Projects: one sold to majority owner, one sold to finance expansion
• 2 projects: did not proceed due to lack of wind resource / permit issues at the inception of the project
Established in 2019, Fera Australia is developing a pipeline of projects in Australia. Projects that will provide increasing levels of renewable energy into the Australian Market. The company’s head office in Melbourne, and is committed to each project from development through to full operation.
Fera Australia focuses on sourcing energy from wind and delivering zero carbon energy to communities across Australia. Having selected Australia, the company will build projects and continue to actively invest profits back into Australian renewable energy projects.
We are committed to making a major contribution to Australia’s transition to 100% renewable energy.
Australia was chosen as the best place to establish Fera’s plan for large scale projects.
- Australia has excellent, strong, wind resources.
- Australia has identified the need to transition from Coal and Gas to renewable energy.
- Both Government and Industry are pursuing large scale uses for renewable energy including Hydrogen production and alternative fuels.
Learn more on the environmental benefits of wind power.
See how Fera involves the community in each project.